Sunday, July 27, 2014

Enter/Exit//















Taken with my webcam, this series explores my first rental house in the final weeks of my senior year. Having already explored my daily life through video clips taken on my phone, I was interested in exploring the lower quality webcam on my computer as a photographic tool.
The webcam is like a door way into another person's life. While we Skype and video chat, we see our friends and their environments on the screen. And while what we see is real, it is not tangible. It is merely pixels mediating our interactions. We have access to this other world, but only through pixels. It is both real, and unreal.
Positioned at all the door ways in my house, I began to photograph the entries and exits of my house. In post processing, I lowered the resolution, and then upped it again to create pixelated but blurry images of my home. In a way, I allow the viewer to enter my living space, but not fully. The whole scene is available, but not the details. These are familiar entries that remain elusive.

Originally installed in the graphic design lab across 14 Macbooks. Installation shots below.


Mixed Media Spring 2014 Final

0 comments:

Post a Comment